Enter Title, Author, ISBN, etc.
Use arrow tabs for subcategories
Title: Guide to the Church of England
Author: Davie, Martin
Publisher: Continuum International Pub Inc; Publication Date: 2008
Paperback; ISBN: 9781906286132
Volumes: 1; Pages: 264
List Price in Paper: $19.95 Our price: $19.95
(Add to Cart button is at the bottom of this page)
This is a lively and informative guide to the Church of England, from its Romano-British origins to the central church structures of the twenty-first century. It defines doctrine and how to address a Dean, covers Canon Law and explores the implications of Establishment; looks at mission and maintenance, music and ministry. From the Archbishop of Canterbury to the Thirty-Nine Articles and from Royal Peculiars to inter-faith relations, this invaluable resource brings together in a single volume the diverse threads that make up the Church of England.
Table Of Contents
1. When did the Church of England begin?
2. The Organisation of the Church of England
3. The Government of the Church of England at the National Level
4. The Government of the Church of England at the Diocesan, Deanery and Parochial levels
5. The Establishment of the Church of England
6. The Church of England's Legal System
7. The Doctrine of the Church of England
8. Ministry in the Church of England
9. Worship in the Church of England
10. Ecumenical Relationships
11. Inter-faith relationships
12. The Church of England and Mission