Enter Title, Author, ISBN, etc.
Use arrow tabs for subcategories
Title: Going Deeper with New Testament Greek: An Intermediate Study of the Grammar and Syntax of the New Testament
Author: Kostenberger, Andreas
Additional Authors or Contributors: Benjamin L. Merkle, Robert L. Plummer
Publisher: Broadman Holman; Publication Date: 2016
Hardcover; ISBN: 9781433679087
Volumes: 1; Pages: 560
List Price in Hardcover: $44.99 Our price: $32.99
(Add to Cart button is at the bottom of this page)
From their decades of combined teaching experience, Andreas J. Kostenberger, Benjamin L. Merkle, and Robert L. Plummer have produced an ideal resource enabling students to improve their skills so they may properly read, exegete, and apply the Greek New Testament. Designed for those with a basic knowledge of Greek, "Going Deeper with New Testament Greek" is a user-friendly textbook for intermediate Greek courses at the college or seminary level.
In fifteen chapters, students learn Greek grammar and how to interpret the New Testament in a way that is accessible--and even fun. Also included are chapters on the Greek language and textual criticism, verbal aspect, sentence diagramming and discourse analysis, word studies, and continuing with Greek.
Unique features include:
* Practical examples illustrating how knowing the content of a given chapter can guide proper interpretation of Scripture.
* Practice sentences and vocabulary lists, including all the words that occur fifteen times or more in the New Testament.
* Selected texts from every New Testament author for students to translate along with detailed reading notes to guide interpretation of each text.
* Summary charts to help students review material, serving as a handy study guide and quick reference tool.
Table of Contents
Tribute to A. T. Robertson
1. The Greek Language & Textual Criticism
2. Nominative, Vocative & Accusative Cases
3. Genitive Case
4. Dative Case
5. Overview of Verbs
6. Tense & Verbal Aspect
7. Present, Imperfect & Future Indicatives
8. Aorist, Perfect & Pluperfect Indicatives
11. Article & Adjectives
12. Pronouns, Prepositions, Conjunctions, Adverbs & Particles
13. Sentences, Diagramming & Discourse Analysis
14. Word Study
15. Continuing with Greek
Appendix: Frequent NT Vocabulary (words occurring 50+ times)