Enter Title, Author, ISBN, etc.
Use arrow tabs for subcategories
Title: Pocket Dictionary of Apologetics and Philosophy of Religion: 300 Terms and Thinkers Clearly and Concisely Defined
Author: Evans, C Stephen
Publisher: InterVarsity Press; Publication Date: 2002
Paperback; ISBN: 9780830814657
Volumes: 1; Pages: 125
List Price in Paper: $12.00 Our price: $9.99
(Add to Cart button is at the bottom of this page)
For philosophers, the pursuit of truth travels on precise definitions. For Christian apologists, the defense of the faith is founded on the defining Word. And for beginning students of either discipline, the difference between success and frustration begins with understanding the terms and ideas and identifying the thinkers and movements.
The Pocket Dictionary of Apologetics & Philosophy of Religion is designed to be a companion to your study of these two related disciplines. Among its 300 entries are
* terms, from a posteriori to worldview
* apologists, from Abelard to Van Til
* philosophers of religion, from Alston to Wolterstorff
* movements, from analytic philosophy to voluntarism
* apologetic arguments, from the cosmological to the wager
* theologies, from Arminianism to Zoroastrianism
Here is an affordable and easily accessible "help key" for your readings, lectures, writing assignments and exam preparation. It's a must-have study aid for any student who expects to cogitate on coherentism or ruminate on Ricouer.
Features & Benefits
* easily accessible
* an essential companion to the study of apologetics and philosophy of religion
* A--to--Z entries on terms, apologists, philosophers, movements, apologetic arguments and theologies