Enter Title, Author, ISBN, etc.
Use arrow tabs for subcategories
Title: Christianity as a World Religion
Author: Kim, Sebastian C H
Additional Authors or Contributors: Kirsteen Kim
Publisher: Continuum International Pub Inc; Publication Date: 2008
Paperback; ISBN: 9780826498410
Volumes: 1; Pages: 280
List Price in Paper: $29.95 Our price: $19.99
(Add to Cart button is at the bottom of this page)
This is the perfect text for anyone wanting to understand the largest of faiths on the world stage, this new introduction clearly locates Christianity in its global context. It is structured by geographical region, covering Latin America, North America, Asia, Africa and Europe. This guide is designed to explore the varied expressions of Christianity worldwide. Clearly organized and comprehensive, it deals with four dimensions of Christianity in each context: history, churches and society, inter-religious relations, distinctive worship and theology.
1. Introduction: Christianity as a World Religion
2. The Adaptability of Christianity
3. Christianity as a World Religion in the Pre-Modern Era
4. European Christianity and its Spread, 1492-1910
5. Global Christianities
6. Latin American Christianity
7. North American Christianity
8. Asian Christianity
9. African Christianity
10. Christianity in Europe, 1910-
11. Local Christianities in Global Debate
12. Conclusion: The Coming of World Christianity.