Enter Title, Author, ISBN, etc.
Use arrow tabs for subcategories
Title: From Falashas to Ethiopian Jews
Author: Summerfield, Daniel
Publisher: Routledge/Taylor & Francis; Publication Date: 2003
Hardcover; ISBN: 9780700712182
Volumes: 1; Pages: 240
List Price in Hardcover: $190.00 Our price: $190.00
(Add to Cart button is at the bottom of this page)
In the light of the Israeli government's plan to halt Ethiopian immigration, this book provides original research into the transformation of the Falashas to Ethiopian Jews during the 20th century which made them eligible for immigration into Israel, adding a new dimension to the question of 'Who is a Jew', namely the case of the 'manufactured Jew'.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction--The Discovery' of the Falashas
2. The Era of the Missionaries
3. The Arrival of Jacques Faitlovitch
4. Faitlovitch's Programmes for the Falashas
5. The Impact of Faitlovitch's Programmes for and on Behalf of the Falashas.
6. The Impact of the Italian Occupation of Ethiopia on the Falashas
7. The Campaign for Change.
8. Conclusion--A Century of Gross Interference
All Prices in US Dollars