Enter Title, Author, ISBN, etc.
Use arrow tabs for subcategories
Title: Church Dogmatics Study Edition, Volume 1: The Doctrine of the Word of God I.1 Section 1-7
Author: Barth, Karl
Publisher: Bloomsbury T & T Clark; Publication Date: 2010
Paperback; ISBN: 9780567202901
Volumes: 1; Pages: 328
List Price in Paper: $34.95 Our price: $34.95
(Add to Cart button is at the bottom of this page)
Karl Barth's Church Dogmatics is one of the major theological works of the 20th century. The Swiss-German theologian Karl Barth (1886-1968) was the most original and significant Reformed theologian of the twentieth century. Barth began the Church Dogmatics in 1932 and continued working on its thirteen volumes until the end of his life. Barth's writings continue to guide and instruct the preaching and teaching of pastors and academics worldwide.
The English translation was prepared by a team of scholars and edited by G. W. Bromiley and T. F. Torrance and published from 1936. A team of scholars at Princeton Theological Seminary have now provided the translation of Greek, Latin, Hebrew and French passages into English. The original is presented alongside the English translation. This makes the work more reader friendly and accessible to the growing number of students who do not have a working knowledge of the ancient languages. This new edition with translations is now available for the first time in individual volumes.
Table of Contents
1. The Task of Dogmatics / 1. The Church, Theology, Science / 2. Dogmatics as an Enquiry / 3. Dogmatics as an Act of Faith /
2. The Task of Prolegomena to Dogmatics / 1. The Necessity of Dogmatic Prolegomena / 2. The Possibility of Dogmatic Prolegomena /
3. Church Proclamation as the Material of Dogmatics / 1. Talk about God and Church Proclamation / 2. Dogmatics and Church Proclamation /
4. The Word of God in its Threefold Form / 1. The Word of God Preached / 2. The Word of God Written / 3. The Word of God Revealed / 4. The Unity of the Word of God /
5. The Nature of the Word of God / 1. The Question of the Nature of the Word of God / 2. The Word of God as the Speech of God / 3. The Speech of God as the Act of God / 4. The Speech of God as the Mystery of God /
6. The Knowability of the Word of God / 1. The Question of the Knowability of the Word of God / 2. The Word of God and Man / 3. The Word of God and Experience / 4. The Word of God and Faith /
7. The Word of God, Dogma and Dogmatics / 1. The Problem of Dogmatics / 2. Dogmatics as a Science / 3. The Problem of Dogmatic Prolegomena