Enter Title, Author, ISBN, etc.
Use arrow tabs for subcategories
Title: Routledge Introductory Course in Modern Hebrew: Hebrew in Israel
Author: Etzion, Giore
Publisher: Routledge/Taylor & Francis; Publication Date: 2009
Paperback; ISBN: 9780415484176
Volumes: 1; Pages: 374
List Price in Paper: $59.95 Our price: $68.99
(Add to Cart button is at the bottom of this page)
The Routledge Introductory Course in Modern Hebrew is an integrated language course designed ideally for classroom--based learners. Adopting an eclectic approach, the course contains 90 lessons combining authentic texts, grammar explanations, and exercises with audiovisual materials to guide and support the student through the key skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- A wide range of texts, from dialogues and simple narratives to newspaper articles and poetry
- Vocabulary lists for each text
- A variety of exercises for every lesson including oral drills, listening comprehension, grammar exercises and writing practice
- Thorough explanation of all the grammatical issues that arise at the introductory level
- A solid grammatical foundation presented in an accessible, user-friendly manner
- Cultural notes to introduce students to Israeli society.
All the texts, wordlists, and verb conjugations are freely available in audiovisual format at http://artsci.wustl.edu/~hii or http://www.routledge.com/books/Introductory-Hebrew-Course
An integral part of the course, the website also contains a wealth of additional resources including:
- Answers to all of the exercises in the book
- Interactive exercises
- Audiovisual verb dictionary
- Audiovisual lists of prepositions with their pronoun suffixes
- Audiovisual reference charts of numbers, colors, the days of the week, etc.
- Checklists and review lessons for each unit
- Links to Israeli websites
- Videos and music
The Routledge Introductory Course in Modern Hebrew provides everything that students and instructors need for an engaging and effective learning environment.