Enter Title, Author, ISBN, etc.
Use arrow tabs for subcategories
Title: Ancient Rome: From the Early Republic to the Assassination of Julius Caesar
Author: Dillon, Matthew
Additional Authors or Contributors: Lynda Garland
Publisher: Routledge/Taylor & Francis; Publication Date: 2005
Hardcover; ISBN: 9780415224581
Volumes: 1; Pages: 816
List Price in Hardcover: $135.00 Our price: $135.00
(Add to Cart button is at the bottom of this page)
A companion volume to the highly successful Ancient Greece: Social and Historical Documents from Archaic Times to the Death of Socrates, this textbook is a valuable resource for students at all levels studying Ancient Rome. Lynda Garland and Matthew Dillon present an extensive range of material, including:
- Source material on political developments in the Roman Republic (509-44 B.C.).
- Detailed chapters on social phenomena, such as Roman religion, slavery and freedmen, women and the family, and the public face of Rome.
- Clear, precise translations of documents taken not only from historical sources, but also from inscriptions, laws and decrees, epitaphs, graffiti, public speeches, poetry, private letters, and drama.
- Concise up-to-date bibliographies and commentaries for each document and chapter.
- A definitive collection of source material on the Roman Republic.